Ville, Pays: Congo RDC
Référence cDiscussion: 1031283
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 10 ans ou plus
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 23-11-2017
Publié le 09/11/2017 à 16h21min42s
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
For the Cordaid Country office in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Cordaid is looking for a Program Director
The Cordaid program in DRC has started her work in 2000. DRC has been affected by war and conflicts for decades.
Cordaid is currently working in the following areas of expertise: Health, Education, Security and Justice, Economic Resilience and Humanitarian Aid. The main office is in Kinshasa, and 5 others regional offices are in Goma, Bukavu, Bunia, Gemena and Kananga. We’ll be working in 24 out of the 26 provinces soon. For our offices in Kinshasa we’re looking for an experienced Program Director with a strong management and leadership capacity but at the same a profound knowledge of the technical aspects of the job.
Position and responsibility
The DRC Program Director is responsible of the direct line management of 3 project managers as well as the program design, the technical support to ensure quality implementation, standardization, monitoring and evaluation of all activities the DRC Country Program in accordance with Cordaid’ strategy. As a Program Director you’ll be directly line managed by the Country Director.
General objective of the posting
The Program Director will be responsible for network representation, program strategy, fundraising, program management, planning and reporting and the directly supervision of 3 to 4 project managers.
– Network Representation: creates and maintains partner relationships with local authorities and with strategic partner organizations working in the same field as Cordaid with the purpose to achieve the program results.
– Program strategy: in collaboration with the Country Director, East Regional Director and several other managers (HR, Finance, Programs), determines the general program strategies within the integrated country strategy and its multi-annual plan, ensuring synergy between the different program units.
– Program Management and Fundraising: shared responsibility for the fundraising strategy, regular checks on open tenders and other potential opportunities in Country, and supports the program managers in identifying funding opportunities and preparing proposals.
– Planning and reporting: Ensure the timely implementation of projects, find solutions for eventual deviations, monitor the results, and assure quality reports according to the donor standards.
– Human Resources Management: Manage staff under his/her supervision according to the culture, policies, and procedures of Cordaid, ensuring the productivity, perspectives and satisfaction of these staffs. Coach and support other project managers.
– University degree with proven knowledge of the following areas: public health and social development;
– Minimum of ten years project management experience in a development and/or humanitarian assistance area with preference in Africa;
– Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, budget development and management, and program reporting for diverse audiences;
– Proven skills in leadership and supervision, with an ability to work effectively and efficiently in a challenging, complex work environment;
– Must be familiar with international donors rules, regulations and policies including EU, USAID, World Bank;
– Ability to work long hours in stressful environments;
– Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French;
– Commitment to the mission and goals of the Cordaid program and the security policy.
Specifics of station
The Program Director will be based in Kinshasa but will spend some of her/his working time on the ground to monitor the implementation of the program. The safety and security situation in DRC remains volatile, but is constantly monitored by Cordaid and appropriate policies are in place.
This is a family posting.
The contract period is for 6 months starting as soon as possible, with the intention to extend for a longer period. We offer a Cordaid contract with a competitive salary and a benefit package which includes R&R, a comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution, a holiday allowance, 13th month, hardship allowance and cost of living allowance (if applicable).
Further information & how to apply
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references, should be forwarded on attn. of mr. Y. Kaigama, Director Country Office, before 23 November 2017.
Please note that we accept applications through this website only.